Our paid time off (PTO) benefits give you flexible options that respond to your life and needs. If you’re a regular full-time or part-time employee, you earn PTO to use for holidays, vacations, sick days and other personal reasons.
When it comes to your PTO, you can:
- Earn based on the number of regular hours you work—and you earn more the longer you work for us.
- Earn starting on your first day of work and can use them immediately—with no waiting period.
- Check your balance in PeoplePlace Time and Attendance.
- Accrue while on PTO, jury duty and bereavement leave —but you can't accrue while you're on a leave of absence, overtime or other types of pay not considered eligible for PTO.
- Carryover up to 200 hours of PTO to the next calendar year—those with more than 200 hours after the first pay period of the new calendar year ("pay period 1") will have their balances reduced to 200 hours at the beginning of pay period 2.
- Sell and/or donate your PTO each year during the annual sell/donate campaign.
The chart below shows how PTO accrual works for most employees. Two-day-alternative employees, non-TDA employees in the North Texas Division hired before June 15, 1992, earn PTO at different rates. All employees at the director level and above participate in the Senior Management Time-Off program. To learn more about the regular PTO policy and the Senior Management Time-Off program, view policy below (BSWconnect access required).