As a user of this mobile application, you take on certain risks and responsibilities. You also have the right to know how we protect your privacy and confidentiality and what you should expect from us. Baylor Scott & White Health and our third party vendors are responsible for the editorial content, products and services offered in this mobile application.
Your Role, Responsibilities, and Risks
- You need to be an informed user of this mobile application. Please read all our policies and the relevant notices of privacy practices in full so you know how our mobile application works and how you will interact with the mobile application.
- Pay special attention to your risks as a user. Mobile Application users open themselves up to certain risks, such as data collection.
- Understand how we collect data and how it is used. It is our goal to protect your personal information from misuse. We may, however, offer programs that collect data for special reasons, such as research, scientific studies, and statistics, in which case you may be interested in participating with consent.
What You Should Expect
- We will strive to maintain your privacy, confidentiality, and security at all times.
- It is our goal to ensure your trust and confidence by providing you with as much information as we can about data collection procedures and information when needed.
- We do use non-personal health information which we aggregate for research purposes and to improve usability of this mobile application.
- We will notify you accordingly of all data collection practices by posting such practices on this mobile application.
- It is our intention to clearly inform you when your risks or privacy may change during the course of using this mobile application.
- It is our goal to make you aware when you leave our site for another, either by telling you in writing or by another technical mechanism.
- We want you to know that this system operates on a secure server. It is our goal to encrypt your personal and professional information and personal health information before it is transmitted. Encryption is a form of scrambling and de-scrambling, an added security feature designed to help prevent unauthorized persons from seeing your information. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet and that hackers or thieves do find ways to thwart security systems.
- This application is not intended to be a substitute for a traditional provider-patient relationship. It is intended to enhance an existing relationship.
Our Security Measures
We want your personal information to remain as secure as possible. We use encryption practices to help protect the integrity and privacy of the personal information and/or personal health information you provide to us. As an added security precaution, all personal information and/or personal health information are kept on servers with firewalls that meet or exceed industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet and that hackers or thieves do find ways to thwart security systems.
About the Information We Collect
We understand that the personal information you provide is highly sensitive and you may have concerns about sharing such information with us. It is our goal to protect your privacy and we strive to develop practices and policies to safeguard your personal health information.
At different places on our mobile application, you may be asked to volunteer your name, e-mail, and telephone number. We refer to this type of information as "personal information" because it can be used to identify or contact you.
We often collect information on mobile app use that has nothing to do with you as an individual, only as an anonymous user of the mobile app. We call this information "aggregate information" and use it for purposes such as improving the usability, quality, and functionality of the mobile app. We intend to use the personal information and aggregate information only for the purposes for which it was provided. All personal information is kept confidential.
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
When you use provider and facility look-up services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use GPS to determine location and provide content based on your geographical location.
Unique Application Numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to BSWH when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Who Collects the Data
Baylor Scott & White Health, independently and through third party partners, collects information in different sections of this mobile application. Baylor Scott & White Health collects most of the data via registration and for specific contact emails. Baylor Scott & White Health is interested in your information for the purposes of operating the mobile application more efficiently, providing you with more efficient and reliable functionality, and for answering your questions and concerns.
Where Information is Collected
We collect information about you at several places throughout the mobile application. You will be informed on how this information is collected at that time. You will also have the ability to opt-in to information collection when you enter the mobile application or use a service. Most information is collected in the following instances:
How We Use Your Personal Information
We continually seek new ways to maintain your trust as a user and improve our offerings. To provide new and better services, we monitor user traffic patterns and try to analyze what our users like and do not like about our current offerings so we can design better services for you. We may also use certain information for testing purposes, mobile application development and planning, and during the normal course of maintaining the mobile application. When you use our mobile application, you automatically allow us to collect this information related to these uses. In these cases, researchers, business analysts, system designers, and others may have access to the data we collect.
We do not intend to use or disclose any personal information you provide on our mobile application to an unrelated third party without your express permission, except as explained in this section.
You should know that there are circumstances when, in the ordinary course of business, we will share some information about you with a related third party:
- As stated elsewhere, we may also share aggregate statistical information on our users, sales, traffic patterns and site usage with our business affiliates and sponsors. There is nothing in this information that could be used to identify or contact you.
- We require vendors to provide specific services, such as data analysis, data storage, email processing, customer service, sweepstakes or special promotions. We require vendors to adhere to our confidentiality standards and do not permit a vendor to use user information for any other purpose. In many of these instances, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to this collection of information and can opt-out at any time.
- In certain limited circumstances, we may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. In the event that we are compelled to disclose personal information and/or personal health information to a third party, we will notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users that violate our rules or engage in behavior that is harmful (or illegal) to other users.
Our Relationship with Third Parties
Linked and Affiliated Sites
Change/Update Personal Information
You may change or update your personal information at any time using the following options:
- Go to your profile page and change the information there.
Remove or Delete Personal Information
You may remove previously provided personal and/or personal health information at any time by contacting us in writing using the address in our Contact Us link.
Users should be aware that it is not always technically possible to remove or delete the information you provide to us. We back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss, and that means a copy of your personal information may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Nevertheless, upon receiving your request we will try to remove or delete all personal information and/or personal health information stored in the active databases that we use for research and daily business activities. We will not intentionally disclose any personal information stored in a non-erasable format after receiving your request for removal, except as required by law.