Highly specialized shoulder procedures
Orthopedic shoulder specialists on the medical staff can provide help for people who experience problems with a previously replaced shoulder that may require joint revision surgery. Additionally, patients with a complex shoulder joint from congenital defects and other disorders require the skill set of surgeons who frequently see these conditions in patients.
A reverse shoulder replacement is for patients who have severe shoulder arthritis with a rotator cuff tear that is not repairable. This procedure allows patients to regain full functionality of the shoulder, pain relief and increased mobility that is not possible through a standard shoulder replacement.
Search for an orthopedic shoulder surgeon who specializes in these procedures or call toll free 1.844.BSW.DOCS (1.844.279.3627).
Treatment plans for patients will be determined by their care team based on age, medical history, type and stage of shoulder pain and personal preferences. Shoulder treatment options may include:
- Physical therapy
- Pain management
- Shoulder diagnosis and nonoperative management
- Shoulder ultrasound evaluation
- Shoulder surgery
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Rotator cuff repair, including minimally invasive, all-arthroscopic repairs without implants
- Instability and labral surgery
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse total shoulder replacement, including minimally invasive and patient-specific anatomic implants
- Revision shoulder surgery
- Revision shoulder replacement, including current, minimally invasive techniques