An innovative sports safety and injury prevention collaboration begins with the Frisco Independent School District this fall.
As construction continues on Baylor Scott & White Sports Therapy & Research at The Star, the care team will:
- Provide volunteer team physicians for athletics in the district and a concussion expert on the sideline for all varsity football games.
- Offer free Movement Efficiency (ME) screens for every FISD student. The ME screen is a functional movement assessment developed by Fusionetics. The
Fusionetics Performance Health System, a sports science clinical app that provides effective solutions focused on decreasing injury, optimizes performance and enhances recovery.
The program is completely optional.
- Offer high school athletic pre-participation physicals in 2018.
These services to Frisco FISD and evidence-based injury prevention technology, currently used by elite athletes and organizations worldwide, are continuing to accomplish Frisco ISD's goal of making Texas the safest place in the country to play sports.
To ensure you understand our role, you will receive a consent form from the coaches and athletic directors coming home with your student for you to review and sign.
Concussion Triage Clinic
A new walk-in concussion triage clinic is now open 8 to 11 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at the Baylor Rehabilitation Outpatient Services clinic at 5858 Main St., Suite 160 in Frisco. The clinic is staffed by a neuropsychologist with fellowship training in the diagnosis and treatment of sport-related concussions and will move to the ST&R once open. Initial screening assessments, return-to-school documentation with accommodations as needed, and an individualized plan of care will be provided. For more information, please contact the clinic at 972.712.2669.
Previews for Frisco ISD Families
A preview of our Sports Performance Center offerings—including the
Fusionetics Human Performance System—is available now at the Dr. Pepper Arena in Frisco.
Located at 2601 Avenue of the Stars, the preview center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information and appointments, call 469.388.1730 and mention your connection to Frisco ISD.
Want to know more about the new facility? Have questions about our collaboration with Frisco ISD? Need more information about this new initiative?
Feel free to submit your questions here. We'll update this page with more information as it becomes available.
More about Baylor Scott & White Sports Therapy & Research
Baylor Scott & White Sports Therapy & Research at The Star will be a comprehensive sports performance health care center for all, set to open in April 2018.
- Harnessing the best techniques in injury prevention, performance, recovery, education and research, the center will include a first-of-its-kind collaboration among an NFL team, a health system and a school district.
- The 300,000 square-foot, nine-story facility is being built in Frisco at The Star, a premier sports and entertainment district home to the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters.
- The Dallas Cowboys, Baylor Scott & White Health, and the Frisco Independent School District are teaming up to offer this unique resource, the only of its kind in the world, to students and families in the Frisco area.
Our goal is simple: Continuing to make Texas the safest place in the nation to play sports. The work begins this fall, right here in Frisco.