Important Tips for Staying Overnight
- Leave your valuables, including jewelry and watches, at home.
- Do not wear contact lenses or make-up.
- If you are taking prescription and/or over-the-counter medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements, please bring a complete list containing the dosage(s) or the actual medicine bottles.
- If you are being admitted to the hospital after surgery, bring prescription medications in original pharmacy containers.
Your room assignment at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Centennial is based on your admitting diagnosis and the bed availability on the day of your admission. You may be moved during your stay as your health changes.
Baylor Scott & White – Centennial uses hospital beds designed to both aid in your treatment and provide you with options for comfort. Your nurse will show you how to properly use the controls that will enable you to adjust your bed. Additionally, your hospital bed is probably higher and narrower than your bed at home. Bedside rails are for your protection. They may be raised at night or during the day if you are resting, recovering from surgery or taking certain medications.
Our wholesome, nourishing and well-balanced meals are an important part of your treatment and recovery. Baylor Scott & White – Centennial makes every effort to provide nutritious meals prepared according to your doctor's orders. An executive chef trained in the dietary needs of patients strives to prepare foods that are pleasing to the eyes and the taste buds. Occasionally, your meal may be delayed if you are scheduled for a special test or treatment. Whenever possible, we will serve your meals after your examination or test.
Guests Staying Overnight
Staying overnight with patients is usually discouraged, as sometimes this practice can be disturbing to patients and their necessary treatment or recovery. However, there are two situations in which a relative may be encouraged to remain overnight with you:
- For your safety if you require additional attention.
- For pediatric patients we provide lounge chairs, as available in private rooms only.
Please give us a call at 972.963.3333 if you have additional questions about staying overnight or visiting a patient.