As you start on your special experience breastfeeding your baby, we have a certified lactation consultant to assist you in promoting a good start for the both of you.
We have earned the Texas Ten Step designation from the Department of State Health Services and the Texas Hospital Association, which certifies us to support breastfeeding mothers before, during and after their delivery.
Our certified lactation specialists, along with the staff nurses, provide information for establishing and maintaining milk supply, pumping and storage of milk, breastfeeding assistance and support.
For all new moms, we also provide a lactation store, Mothers’ Express – at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Centennial.
- Offers new mothers the option of breast pump rentals
- Provides all the supplies that a new mother needs for breastfeeding her new bundle of joy
- Assorted gifts for baby and/or new brother or sister
- Offers full-time lactation support Monday through Friday
- Welcomes all new mothers, not just those that deliver at our hospital