The Baylor Scott & White Continuing Care Hospital (CCH) in Temple is a long care acute care hospital and skilled nursing facility.
Patients cared for are critically ill with complex conditions. Many of these patients depend on technology such as ventilators, special monitors or dialysis. The average length of stay is 25 days.
Baylor Scott & White Health's tradition of comprehensive, multispecialty care extends to the Baylor Scott & White Continuing Care Hospital. Our team, which includes physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and specialists in physical, occupational and speech therapy, utilizes its skills and experience to individualize care for our long-term patients.
Continuing Care Hospital treats patients with conditions such as:
- Ventilator weaning
- Pulmonary disease
- Cardiopulmonary disorders
- Complex wound care
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Gastrointestinal diseases (difficulty eating/swallowing)
- Post-operative complications (infection, stroke, bleeding)
- Renal disease, including dialysis
- Medically-complex patients
- Post-trauma care
Baylor Scott & White Health accepts most insurance plans. Check with your insurance provider to verify coverage.
Specialties and Services
- Physicians available 24 hours a day
- Respiratory therapy on-site 24 hours a day
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy