To help you find your way, visitor information/concierge desks are located in lobby areas throughout the medical center, where staff can assist you with general information, maps, notary public services and local eateries/hotel listings:
- Jonsson Hospital (Registration and Admission)
5:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Pickens Hospital, Roberts Hospital and Truett Hospital
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Sammons Cancer Center
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Automated teller machines (ATMs) are located throughout the campus:
- Baylor Medical Plaza: Near Baylor Plaza Pharmacy
- Hamilton Heart Hospital: Lobby near registration
- Jonsson Hospital: Lobby near registration
- Roberts Hospital: Lobby near Atrium Café
- Sammons Cancer Center: Second floor near Latte Hope
- Truett Hospital: Basement near cafeteria
Business Services and Financial Counselors
The business services team can help you interpret financial policies and billing procedures, and make financial arrangements:
- By telephone: 972.579.8167 or 1.800.765.8621
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- In person: Admitting/Registration Department (Jonsson Hospital)
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or by calling 214.820.3484
Baylor Dallas offers a variety of sit-down and grab-and-go locations on campus. A list of those offerings and nearby restaurants is available at the Visitor Information Desks in hospital lobbies and at our
dining options section.
The use of wireless communication devices, such as cell phones, notebooks and laptops, can interfere with medical equipment and is restricted in all patient care areas. Please restrict your use of these devices to visitor lounges and non-patient care areas.
Chaplains are available 24 hours a day in the hospital, or patients and visitors may wish to visit a chapel or meditation area:
- Horner Family Chapel (Sammons Cancer Center, First floor)
- Interfaith Meditation Room (Pickens Cancer Hospital, Third floor)
- Interfaith Prayer Garden (Outdoors: Junius Street, between Roberts and Pickens Cancer Hospital)
- Lovie’s Healing Garden (Outdoors: Sammons Cancer Center, corner of Worth and Hall streets)
- Penland Chapel (Truett Hospital, First floor)
- Pilgrim Prayer Room (Hamilton Heart Hospital, Ground floor)
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing patients food or drinks to ensure they are appropriate for the patient. In intensive care units, please check with nurses regarding any gifts.
- Roberts Gift Shop (Roberts Hospital lobby)
8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday through Friday;
10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday; 1 to 5 p.m., Sunday
- Simply Mom’s: Mother & Baby Boutique (Hoblitzelle Hospital)
10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday;
10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday
- Ernie’s Appearance Center (Sammons Cancer Center)
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Families and visitors may wish to stay overnight at the hotel on campus.
Baylor Plaza Hotel (Baylor Medical Plaza, Lobby)
3600 Gaston Ave., Dallas, TX 75246
Rooms are cleaned daily by housekeeping staff. We change sheets every other day, unless they become soiled or you request otherwise. If there is a housekeeping issue in your room, please tell a staff member.
Wireless laptops can be used in most areas of Baylor Dallas by connecting to our visitor wireless network.
Two outpatient pharmacies are located on the Dallas campus to assist patients and visitors with prescription medications:
- Baylor Medical Plaza (Barnett Tower, First floor)
7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 214.820.3451
- Outpatient Clinic Pharmacy (Sammons Cancer Center, Second floor)
9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday 214.820.8400
A U.S. Post Office is available on campus for patient, visitor and employee convenience.
- U.S. Postal Service Office (Wadley Tower, Level P1)
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
Room Telephone and Fax
Phones are provided in each patient room, except in the intensive care units and special procedure areas. Toll calls, including long distance, require a credit card, phone card, third-party billing or operator assistance to call collect. You may limit incoming calls by asking a staff member to lower the ring volume or disconnect the phone. Guests needing a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) should notify the nurse.
Safety and Protection
Baylor Police provide security escorts on the Dallas campus 24 hours a day. You may request assistance by calling 214.820.4444. Between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m., buildings are closed to the general public. The emergency and maternity entrances are always open.
Each patient room, except for those in the intensive care units, features a 30-inch television. You may access hospital information and other useful information on Channel 2 as well as relaxing music on Channel 18.
Baylor Dallas is a smoke-free campus, providing a healthier and more comfortable environment. Smoking is not allowed on any Baylor property, including parking lots, sidewalks and garages.
Visitor Lounge Areas
There are designated lounges for visitors on patient floors. Specific areas have been designated for guests in other areas. If you are in a large group, we ask for your consideration of other patients’ families when seating is limited.