Baylor Scott & White Nutrition and Weight Management Center offers quality and comprehensive care for patients suffering from nutrition and weight issues.
The Baylor Scott & White Nutrition and Weight Management Center is a comprehensive medical and surgical weight management center, focusing on nutrition, physical activity and long-term lifestyle improvements and offers medical weight loss supplements and medications. We are partnered with a bariatric surgeon and behavioral psychologist and are supported by nutritionists/dieticians, personal trainers and life coaches.
Costs of the Nutrition Weight Management Center:
- Physician and medical follow-up visits will be billed to the participant’s insurance; however, usual deductibles and co-pays will apply, according to the enrollee's plan.
- Behavioral Health Consultation, if needed, will be billed to participant’s insurance.
- Dietitian visit and 12-week Group Lifestyle Balance class will cost $240. Payment may be made by check or credit card. Payment plans are available.
Group Lifestyle Balance classes are offered:
- Tuesdays / noon to 1:15 pm / Baylor Scott & White Health – Dallas Campus, 3500 Gaston Ave., Dallas, TX 75246
- Tuesdays / 5:30-7 pm / MedProvider, 3417 Gaston Ave., Dallas, TX 75246
- Wednesdays / 5-6:30 pm / Weight Loss Surgery Center of Dallas, 9101 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75231
- Additional classes and locations will be added as needed
Course Topics Include:
- Basic principles of healthy eating
- Tips and tools to identify high-calorie and high-fat foods
- Exercise principles
- Problem-solving techniques for changing behavior
- Taking charge of your environment
- Strategies for dining out
- Making social cues work for you
- Ways to stay motivated
- Strategies for long-term success
To be ELIGIBLE for the 12-week program:
- BMI of 30 or above, or BMI above 27 with significant obesity related co-morbidities
- Age 18+
To ENROLL in any of the Dallas locations, call 214.820.9138 or email us at NutritionandWeightManagementCenter@BSWHealth.org.