The endocrinologists here in McKinney provide consultation, diagnosis and management of endocrine and metabolic diseases.
Endocrine disorders involve the body's over- or under-production of certain hormones, while metabolic disorders affect the body's ability to process certain nutrients and vitamins.
Endocrinology and metabolic procedures and treatments we offer include:
- Atherosclerosis assessment
- Bone density testing
- Dietary counseling
- Glucose monitoring
- Insulin pump placement and maintenance
- Lipoprotein/cholesterol analysis
Conditions we treat include:
- Calcium and skeleton mineralization and metabolism
- Diabetes mellitus and obesity
- Diseases of the parathyroid gland
- Disorders affecting cholesterol and lipoprotein metabolism in relation to atherosclerosis
- Disorders affecting the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal cortex and reproductive organs
- Diseases of the adrenal glands
- Cushing's syndrome
- Addison's disease
- Hypertension due to endocrine causes
- Parathyroid cancer
- Thyroid cancer
Endocrine disorders include hypothyroidism, diseases of the parathyroid gland, diabetes mellitus and ovarian dysfunction (including polycystic ovary syndrome ), among others. Some examples of metabolic disorders include hyperlipidemia and rickets.