Growing Involvement in Our Community
As a partner with the citizens of our community, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Garland is committed to contributing to the health and well-being of residents in the communities we serve.
Throughout the year Baylor Scott & White – Garland offers free preventive health services to the community through activities such as health screenings, health fairs, support groups and community education. A few notable activities include:
- For Women, For Life—Annual women’s health day held in January focusing on women’s health including free preventative health screenings, physician presentations, and hospital information.
- It’s a Guy Thing—Annual men’s event held in June, provides free preventative health screenings, physician presentations, and hospital information.
- A variety of support groups for patients including: New Life New Hope—breast cancer survivor support group; Sleep Connections- sleep apnea support group
- Participation in area chamber of commerce’s promoting the community’s economy and growth of small and large businesses
- Health Professions Education presentations engaging students of all ages to learn more about careers in health care.
- Every year, Baylor Scott & White – Garland makes significant financial donations to Dallas and Collin County non-profit organizations that support health care services, educational advancement, and outreach to residents.
- The hospital also supports fellow Dallas County non-profit organizations by sponsoring annual fundraisers such as the United Way, American Heart Association Heart Walk, and American Cancer Society Relay for Life
It is a goal for Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Garland to work to improve the health of the communities we serve.
Community Benefit Reports
We are proud to be a part of Baylor Scott & White Health, a system invested in improving community health by addressing identified community health needs. We invite you to read our hospitals' reports on community benefit to find out more about our financial stewardship and how we fulfill community needs as part of this exceptional network of hospitals.
View Our Community Benefit Report
Community Connection Newsletter
Stay connected with what's going on at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Garland through our quarterly
Community Connection newsletter.
Click here to view the latest Community Connection newsletter
Community Outreach Contacts
At Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Garland, we not only serve our patients, we go beyond the walls of the hospital to make a difference in our community. Baylor provides opportunities for clinical and non-clinical employees to serve in community projects and events.
If your organization would like to request a speaker, community education or screenings at your event, please complete the Community Event Request Form below
at least 60 days before your event. We will contact you within 10 business days of your submission to inform you if we have staff available to participate in the event.
Community Event Request Form