Comprehensive Surgery Services
The prospect of a surgical procedure is stressful no matter what. But knowing you're in a hospital with a highly-trained surgical team can make a big difference when you're about to enter the operating room. Whether it's a major operation, minor outpatient surgery, or a minimally invasive procedure, count on us for quality surgical outcomes.
Surgeons on the Baylor Scott & White – Garland medical staff treat many conditions involving the breast, endocrine system, gastrointestinal tract, colon, liver, pancreas and rectum - some on an outpatient basis.
Minimally Invasive Approach
Baylor Scott & White – Garland is proud to offer a minimally invasive surgical option for qualified procedures. Benefits of this approach may include:
- Smaller incisions
- Less post-operative pain
- Shorter hospital stay (patients often go home in hours not days)
- Less scarring
- Faster recovery
- Less risk of complications
Baylor Scott & White – Garland's da Vinci® Si™ robotic surgery system has several unique features designed to provide additional clinical benefits and efficiency in the operating room, many of which translate to patient benefits.
- Enhanced 3-D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- New optional dual console allows second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision greater than the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance OR efficiency
- New ergonomic settings for greater surgeon comfort
It can be used for a multitude of procedures, including, but not limited to: prostatectomy, hysterectomy, myomectomy, coronary artery bypass, mitral valve repair and colorectal surgery.
Together, these technological advancements provide the surgeons on our medical staff with better precision, dexterity and control that enable a minimally invasive approach for many complex surgical procedures.
In Need of a Surgeon?
For a referral to a surgeon on the medical staff at Baylor Scott & White – Garland, call 1.844.BSW.DOCS (1.844.279.3627) or search