Expertise to Move You in the Right Direction
Weight loss surgery at Baylor Weight Loss Surgery Center at Grapevine can help you reach a healthier weight, reduce your risk of developing obesity-related health complications, and get you on the road to feeling better overall.
Trust is important when considering surgical weight loss options. Baylor Weight Loss Surgery Center at Grapevine is a Bariatric Center of Excellence by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Call 817.305.5061 to speak with one of our weight loss surgery experts, so we can guide you through the process to discover if you are a bariatric surgery candidate.
What Makes Baylor Weight Loss Surgery Center at Grapevine the Right Option for You?
- Eighty percent of our patients are successful with their weight loss
- Consistent follow-up with patients
- We accept all major insurance plans
- Our program is education-driven
- We offer a life-long support program
A Comprehensive Weight Loss Program
In addition to bariatric surgery, our comprehensive, education-driven weight loss program includes a multi-disciplinary team of professionals to give you an experience that will contribute to your success.
Our team includes:
- Gastroenterologists on the medical staff
- Cardiologists on the medical staff
- Full-time registered and licensed dietitian
- Certified bariatric nurse
- Physical therapists
These trained professionals work together to offer patients lifetime support and an array of services, including nutritional and psychological counseling, education and support groups, and insurance verification to help you adapt and begin living a new, healthier life.
We also provide regular classes with a registered dietitian as a prerequisite to your surgery. Classes include:
- Intro to Weight Loss
- One-on-one Dietician Appointment
- Protein Drinks/Supplements
- Label Reading/Savvy Shopping
- Eating Out/Meal Planning
- Avoid the Urge to Splurge
Baylor Weight Loss Surgery Center at Grapevine offers effective weight loss solutions through a comprehensive surgical program for qualified patients.
The procedures we perform include:
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band
- Laparoscopic gastric sleeve
- Duodenal Switch
- No matter what type of weight loss surgery you have had, or are planning to have, the support group provides you the opportunity to surround yourself with people who understand and support your goals. Social support has proven to be one of the best predictors of success for lifestyle change, and is an important predictor of sustained weight loss. Therefore, all patients and their spouse or another support person are encouraged to attend the monthly support group.
- Groups are facilitated by licensed professionals with experience in health behavior change and weight loss. Groups include introductions, bariatric surgery product sample tastings, giveaways, door prizes and a structured presentation by licensed facilitators or guest speakers that is designed to be informative, as well as engaging.
- Support group meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Meetings are held at the hospital in the CCE at 1650 W. College St., Grapevine, TX 76051. For additional information, please call 817.305.5061 or to join our email list by emailing Ashley.Kadlubar@BSWHealth.org.