Donald E. Wesson, MD, MBA
President, BSW HWC and Senior Vice President, Baylor Scott & White Health Weight Management Services
Dr. Donald Wesson is the president of the Baylor Scott & White Health and Wellness Center and senior vice president of Baylor Scott & White Health Weight Management Services. Dr. Wesson is uniquely qualified to excel in both of these strategic positions. With ongoing National Institutes of Health support of his nutritional research, Dr. Wesson is brings the leading international advances in nutritional science to our patient populations. His clinical background as a nephrologist provides deep insight into the adverse health consequences that chronic disease can bring to vulnerable populations.
Read full biography
Lydia R. Best, MD
Medical Director, Baylor Scott & White Family Health Center at Juanita J. Craft Recreation Center
Dr. Lydia R. Best is a family physician with 18 years of clinical experience and currently serves as the medical director of the Baylor Scott & White Family Health Center at Juanita J. Craft Recreation Center. Dr. Best brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Institute including 12 years in community-based healthcare. She also brings a personal commitment to service in underserved communities.
Read full biography
Julie Grim MPH, RD, LD
Vice President of Education and Wellness
Julie is a registered, licensed dietitian with a master’s degree in public health and more than 20 years of experience in hospital leadership including clinical management, food service management and physician practice management including multi-site management. She speaks nationally on a variety of topics and has served in multiple leadership roles at the national level for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics including the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics and chair of the Nutrition Care Process Standardized Language committee, and the International Nutrition Care Process Advisory Committee. Locally she is a member of the Dallas Area Coalition to Prevent Childhood Obesity. Her areas of professional interest are outcomes research, chronic disease prevention, community program development and environmental stewardship.
Venita Owens, MBA
Vice President of Administrative Services and Business Development
Venita Owens' professional career, in healthcare operations and not-for-profit financial management, spans more than 20 years. Her healthcare operations experience was obtained at a number of venues including senior director of operations with VHA, Inc., general manager and AVP of operations with United Healthcare, and manager of operations for Prudential Healthcare. She has extensive experience with several local DFW not-for-profit agencies where she conducted analysis and consulted to strengthen their financial position and improve their financial management systems.
Academically, she has a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, where she majored in finance and minored in accounting. She has a MBA from the University of Dallas.
Venita's affiliations include memberships in the Junior League of Dallas, The Links, Inc., Girl Friends, Inc., and Jack & Jill of America. She holds life memberships in the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and the National Black MBA Association.
BSW HWC Board of Directors
- Gary Baxter
- Debbie Dennis, Board Chair
- Robert Estrada
- Brenda Jackson, past Chair
- Sharon King
- Yolanda Lawson, M.D.
- Charles Mitchell, M.D.
- Jeffery D. Morris
- Christina W. Norris
- Wendy C. Parnell, M.D.
- Erin D. Roe, M.D.
- Donald Wesson, M.D., M.B.A.
- John McWhorter (Ex-Officio Member)
- Albert C. Black, Jr. (Ex-Officio Member)
Community Advisory Board
- Mrs. Willie Mae Coleman
- Pastor Henry Green
- Lalonni Dubose-Hagerman
- Anna Hill
- Jeff Howard
- Hank Lawson
- Diane Ragsdale
- Shenekqual "Nikki" Robertson
- Rodrigua Ross
- Ken Smith
- LaSheryl Walker
- Auntjuan Wiley
Ministerial Advisory Board
- Rev. Lelious A. Johnson, Pastor, St. Paul Baptist Church President, Ministerial Advisory Board
- Rev. Donald Parish, Pastor, True Lee Missionary Baptist Church Vice President , Ministerial Advisory Board
- Rev. Stephen Brown Pastor, Greater Bethlehem Baptist Church Secretary, Ministerial Advisory Board
- Rev. Andrè Byrd, Pastor, New Covenant Christian Fellowship Church
- Rev. Alvin Green, Pastor, Rugged Cross Baptist Church
- Rev. Henry Green, Pastor, Community Outreach Baptist Church
- Dr. David Henderson, Pastor, Greater Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church
- Rev. Clara Reed, St. Luke Community United Methodist Church
- Rev. Joe Patterson, Pastor, Greater New Zion Baptist Church
- Rev. Moises Rios, Chaplain, Baylor Scott & White Health
- Rev. Byron Williams, Pastor, St. Paul Lutheran Church
- Rev. Fred Conwright- Greater Mt. Hebron Missionary Baptist Church
- Rev. C. O. Preston, Beth-Eden Baptist Church
- Rev. Kenneth King, Mount Carmel Missionary Baptist Church
- Rec. Chris Simmons, Cornerstone Baptist Church
- Deacon Leonard Clemon, Cornerstone Baptist Church