Adult Volunteer Benefits and Requirements
Minimum Hour Requirements
Typical volunteer shifts are 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Volunteers are required to commit to 100 hours of service per calendar year.
Dress Code (no exceptions)
- Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest volunteer jacket (provided)
- Khaki or white pants or skirts
(no capris or jeans)
- White shirt or blouse
- Close-toed shoes
- Complimentary background check, drug screening and vaccinations
- Yearly flu shots
- Volunteer jacket/vest
- Hour recognition pins
- Complimentary $4 meal voucher for each four-hour shift
- Free parking
- 30% gift shop discount
- Free coffee and tea in cafeteria
- Volunteer appreciation dinner for volunteer and one guest
- Christmas luncheon
Adult Application Process
Mail a completed
adult volunteer application form to:
Volunteer Services Office
100 Hillcrest Medical Blvd.
Waco, Texas 76712
Applications may also be faxed to 254.202.3549.
- Background check
- Drug screening (will be discussed with employee health nurse)
- TB test
- Hepatitis B series
- Tdap - one dose
- Varicella (chickenpox) - not required if you have documentation of having had chickenpox
- MMR - not required if you were born prior to 1957.
All volunteers are required to attend a one-hour orientation prior to service.