We enjoy working with students and appreciate the opportunity to expose students to the healthcare sector. Volunteering in a medical center is unlike any other volunteer opportunity. Because we are a health system offering many health services, our customers expect professional healing, nurturing, caring, maturity and privacy – challenges that at times can be difficult.
This summer, a committee will select 15 teenagers for the Junior Volunteer Program to volunteer in various areas of the medical center. Responsibilities vary. Space is limited.
Junior Volunteer Requirements
All applicants must be 15 years old by June 1.
Minimum Hour Requirements
Each volunteer must commit to at least 24 hours during the month of June in order to receive a certificate of completion. Each session is limited to 15 volunteers.
Dress Code (no exceptions)
- Scrub top (available at orientation for $20)
- Khaki pants (no jeans, no leggings, no capris)
- Close-toed shoes
- Clean hair kept away from face
- No perfume or scented lotions
Junior Volunteer Application Process
Mail a completed
junior volunteer application form to:
Volunteer Services Office
Attn: Rhonda Luker
100 Hillcrest Medical Blvd.
Waco, Texas 76712
Applications must be received by the close of
Include a paragraph (150 words or less) about why you want to volunteer at Hillcrest and two character references (cannot be from a family member).
Only if selected:
- Background check
- Drug screening (will be discussed with employee health nurse)
- TB test
- Hepatitis B series
- Tdap - one dose
- Varicella (chickenpox) - not required if you have documentation of having had chickenpox
- MMR - not required if you were born prior to 1957.
All volunteers are required to attend a one-hour orientation prior to service.