Digestive Disorders Specialized Treatment
- Qualified, efficient gastrointestinal procedural area/laboratory
- Screening colonoscopy examination
- Polypectomy, utilizing various methods for removal and retrieval
- Anal-rectal manometry and ultrasound
- GERD related procedures including endoscopy
- Therapeutic endoscopy including dilation, banding, and ulcer management
- Foreign body removal capabilities
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- HALO 360 balloon-based ablation for treatment of Barrett's esophagus caused from chronic reflux
- Liver biopsy
- Bravo® wireless pH capsule for comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of GERD specialized staff
- Certified GI nursing staff
- Highly-trained, peer-honored and recognized physicians on our medical staff
- Certified Spanish translator
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Irving provides a wide array of diagnostic and therapeutic services for treatment of gastrointestinal disorders.
Specialized Biliary Services Offered at Baylor Scott & White – Irving
Baylor Scott & White – Irving offers biliary services which focuses on treating conditions that affect bile, the bile ducts and the gallbladder. While gallstones are the most common condition the team sees, polyps and cancer are also diagnosed and treated.
The diagnostic tools used in this specialized service include endoscopic ultrasound, which is threaded through a patient's mouth and esophagus. With it, gastroenterologists on the Baylor Scott & White – Irving medical staff can look through the walls of the stomach to see the other organs. Endoscopic tools can also be used for certain treatment procedures.