Volunteer at one of our Lake Pointe locations in Rowlett, Greenville, Wylie or Forney
Volunteering at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe will give you a hands-on experience to make a difference in healthcare. Whatever your schedule allows, we can find a place for you to use your talents and contribute.
Lake Pointe volunteer program details
All volunteers are chosen through a comprehensive screening and interview process to assure our high standards are met.
We provide volunteer opportunities in three key areas including:
- Administrative—Volunteers who work in administrative areas assist in keeping their assigned departments organized. Duties may include filing, answering phones and assembling informational packets.
- Patient Care—Volunteers help the clinical staff in various non-clinical ways to ensure patients receive the best possible care during their stay. Duties may include reading to patients, refreshing ice and water, and assisting with meals.
- Hospital Liaison—Volunteers who are assigned to hospital liaison duties assist in waiting rooms and information desks to ensure the needs of the patients and visitors are being met.
All applicants go through a criminal background check, drug and nicotine screening and reference checks. Two references (from non-family members) are required. Additional requirements include submitting to a series of two TB tests and participate in orientation. Summer students will submit two letters of recommendation instead of references.
After viewing the application, please print, complete it and return it to our volunteer coordinator. Completed application packets can be:
- Dropped off at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe information desk in the main hospital lobby.
- Faxed to: 972.520.9180
- Mailed to:
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe
6800 Scenic Dr
Rowlett, Texas 75088
- You can also email the completed documents to the volunteer coordinator at LKPVOLUNTEERSVCS@Bswhealth.org.
Pastoral care volunteers
The Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe Pastoral Care Program is dedicated to supporting our patients and their families in times of greatest need.
To become a volunteer Pastoral Care Giver, each volunteer must participate in:
- A 15-week formation program which is affiliated with the Community of Hope International
- A minimum of 20 hours of practicum
- A one-year commitment