At Baylor Scott & White Health Medical Center – Lake Pointe, we are committed to helping you make informed choices about your care. To that end, we offer price estimates in advance of your care to help you understand your out-of-pocket costs.
To help you obtain an estimate of your costs, call or visit a Baylor Scott & White – White Rock financial counselor. For services scheduled in advance of the date of service, we will provide an estimate during the pre-registration process over the phone. If you are a walk-in patient or come in to one of our facilities for other same-day services, you will be provided an estimate at the time of registration.
Call our Financial Counselor at 972.412.3380 X1214 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We make every effort to return calls the same day, and respond to estimate requests within 24 hours during the business week.
Visit our financial counselor on site.
Please be sure to have the following information, so that we can provide you with the most accurate estimate possible.
1) Description of Services/Current Procedural Terminology Code (CPT) –Many surgery and procedure names sound similar, so if possible, please provide the CPT code. You can find this on the order from your doctor. If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your physician's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.
2) Hospital Status – Your hospital status (inpatient or outpatient) may affect how you are you billed and what you will have to pay for out-of-pocket. Please note, observation services are considered hospital outpatient services.
3) Insurance Information – The amount covered varies depending on your insurance company and your specific policy. Please have the following information available:
- Member ID number
- Group number
- Policyholder's name
- Name of insurance company
- Insurance company phone number
- Type of plan (HMO, POS, PPO, Indemnity)
If you are uninsured, we offer a discount on medically necessary services. Please speak to a financial counselor and review our financial assistance policy.
4) Policyholder's Personal Information – It is possible that the insurance company will need to verify the policyholder’s personal information including his/her Social Security Number and date of birth.
During the price estimating process, we will attempt to verify your specific insurance benefits to provide the most accurate representation of your estimated financial obligation based on your specific coverage.
Please keep in mind any information received is only an estimate that may be more or less than your final bill. The estimate takes into consideration the information you and your provider share with us regarding your service, including anticipated services, insurance coverage, copayments, deductibles and coinsurance. However, many factors may influence the actual amount you will be billed, including changes to the services actually performed and updates in your coverage not reflected at the time estimates were provided.
Your estimate with us reflects only hospital charges, such as charges for room, equipment use, supplies, and services provided by the hospital’s staff. Our account does not include charges for your physician or any other physician fees, such as emergency room physician, radiologist, anesthesiologist, pathologist or other consulting physicians. These physician charges are billed separately and are your separate responsibility.