You may be expecting sugar and spice and everything nice, or it may be frogs and snails and puppy dog tails. Whether you are planning for a precious baby girl or welcoming a bouncy baby boy, we are here to help you through your pregnancy with our maternity services at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe.
We deliver approximately 1,400 babies each year, providing every baby with quality care and a family centered approach. Our pre-registration process allows for immediate admittance on the day of delivery and provides our staff with access to vital information on both mother and child.
Our physicians offer a comprehensive range of personalized, high-risk obstetrical care and work closely with referring obstetrical care providers in a multidisciplinary approach that caters specifically to high-risk pregnancies. They provide consultation, co-management, and direct care customized to meet the needs of each individual patient. All board certified maternal-fetal medicine physicians complete a four-year obstetrics and gynecology residency, as well as additional years of valuable training in high-risk pregnancies.
Our nursing staff is available to support new parents with education in newborn care, provide encouragement to new parents in the care of their newborn, and promote bonding between the new parents and their newborn. Each of our nurses are certified in infant CPR and advanced life support.
- 7 Labor/Delivery/Recovery rooms
- 2 Surgical Suites located within Labor & Delivery to accommodate Caesarean births
- 16 bed Level I Nursery dedicated to the care of well newborns
- 17 bed Level II and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) equipped to provide 24 hour advanced care for infants born prematurely
- 17 Postpartum beds
- Secured unit for your safety and the safety of your baby
- Centralized fetal monitoring
- Ultrasound and other diagnostic testing available within hospital
- Lactation Store - Nursing Notions
- Room for birthing partner to stay with mother and baby
- Wi Fi access available throughout the hospital
- Concierge services (please call 972.535.2756 to access this service)
- Open visitation 24 hours a day when mom and baby are in Labor & Delivery, and visiting hours from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. when moved to the postpartum floor