You may be expecting sugar and spice and everything nice, or it may be frogs and snails and puppy dog tails. Whether you are planning for a precious baby girl or welcoming a bouncy baby boy, we are here to help you through your pregnancy with our maternity services at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe.
The physicians on the medical staff offer a comprehensive range of personalized, high-risk obstetrical care and work closely with referring obstetrical care providers in a multidisciplinary approach that caters specifically to high-risk pregnancies.
Our nursing staff is available to support new parents with education in newborn care, provide encouragement to new parents in the care of their newborn and promote bonding between the new parents and their newborn.
OB Hospitalist Program
We respect the importance of the relationship you have built with your physician. When your physician is delayed or not available, the OB hospitalists on the medical staff will provide the skilled, compassionate care you expect for your delivery. A hospitalist is a physician who cares for patients exclusively in the hospital. Hospital-based physicians on the medical staff are available 24 hours to provide safe, quality care.
If your physician is not available, the OB hospitalist can examine and evaluate you. If you need to be admitted, the OB hospitalist can manage your labor and even deliver your baby at the request of your physician.
Program Advantages to You, the Patient:
- The OB hospitalists can answer any questions you or a family member may have.
- The OB hospitalists are highly skilled in a variety of delivery techniques.
- OB hospitalists are board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and have additional specialized training in advanced fetal monitoring, operative delivery and advanced cardiac life support.
Through cooperation and communication between your physician and the OB hospitalist, you and your baby will receive safe, quality and compassionate care.
Baylor Scott & White – Lake Pointe Services
We offer many services including:
- 7 labor/delivery/recovery rooms
- 2 surgical suites located within labor and delivery to accommodate cesarean births
- 16 bed level I nursery dedicated to the care of well newborns
- 17 bed level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) equipped to provide 24hour advanced care for infants born prematurely
- 17 postpartum beds
- Secured unit for your safety and the safety of your baby
- OB hospitalist program
- Centralized fetal monitoring
- Ultrasound and other diagnostic testing available within hospital
- Nursing Notions
- Room for birthing partner to stay with mother and baby
- Wi-Fi access available throughout the hospital
- Open visitation 24 hours a day when mom and baby are in labor and delivery, and visiting hours from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. when moved to the postpartum floor