When a wound will not heal, a person’s entire quality of life is disrupted. In some cases, persons may be at greater risk for infection or complications. The caring, compassionate team of physicians, nurses and staff at the Baylor Scott & White Wound Care Center – Rowlett may help.
The center provides precise diagnosis and proper treatment for the following types of wounds:
- Venous Stasis
- Pressure Ulcers
- Vascular Disease
- Post Surgical Wounds
- Soft tissue radionecrosis
- Other wounds that resist healing
The medical staff at the Baylor Scott & White Wound Care Center – Rowlett, is comprised of general surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, a wound care specialist and a staff of nurses with many years of experience in the treatment of difficult wounds. They provide each patient with an individualized treatment plan that includes some of the most advanced wound care therapies available today, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy. This specialized approach offers treatment that may speed the healing process.
Baylor Scott & White Wound Care Center – Rowlett, takes a comprehensive approach to treatment by:
- Applying advanced technologies to wound treatment
- Communicating with the referring physician throughout the process
- Emphasizing patient education and prevention
- Encouraging patient and family involvement
- Performing minor wound surgical procedures at the center
- Staffing the center with trained wound-care specialists