The College Experience
Volunteering at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lakeway is a wonderful way to serve others in a meaningful manner, in addition to becoming exposed to a few career opportunities offered in a healthcare setting. We appreciate your interest in serving the patients at Baylor Scott & White and look forward to working with you on your volunteer journey!
College Volunteers include undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education students. Students who are not taking a full course load and whose schedules do not change by the semester can also volunteer under the Adult Volunteer guidelines. College Volunteer areas and times are assigned on a first come basis.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact us 512.571.5470.
Please note: We do not offer a shadow program at this time
Requirements for College Students
- Applicants must be able to commit to volunteering on a weekly basis for a minimum of a once a week 4 hour shift.
- Applicants must be committed to volunteering for the duration of the session. No exceptions!
- Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation session
- Applicants must agree to a background check.
- Applicants will be required to have a drug screening.
- Applicants must submit, in completion, all required paperwork.
- Provide copy of immunization records.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the Baylor Scott & White dress code. Uniform will be provided.