The Baylor Scott & White High School Program is open to students at least 16 years old. 18-year-olds still in high school will need to apply through the High School Program. Please see below for more details and information regarding the application process.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact us 512.571.5470.
High School Program Requirements
The following are requirements that apply to every High School Volunteer.
If you do not feel that you are able to meet each and every one of these requirements, please reconsider taking on this commitment.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age
- Applicants will be required to have a drug screening
- Applicants must be available a minimum of one day a week to volunteer.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to volunteering on their scheduled day for the duration of the session.
- Attendance is crucial to the success of the program and volunteers must commit to their weekly shift and remember to sign in and out.
- Frequent absences may result in disqualification from the program and no credit received for hours provided.
- Applicants must agree to comply with a dress code. No shorts, jeans or flip flops are allowed.
- Provide immunization records for our files.
- Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation session.
- 18 year old high school students will be required to pass The Baylor Scott & White background check.
Application Instructions for High School Students
- You will be required to have a drug screening. You will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your drug screening. Drug screenings are performed at any Quest Diagnostics location. It is your responsibility to schedule your own appointment. Quest accepts walk-ins. You will be required to show your ID. Keep in mind it takes 3 days to get the results. Make sure to take this test well before your first scheduled volunteer day. Please do not provide insurance or pay for this test.
- You will be required to have a background check performed. Be sure to fill out the form in its entirety before submitting.
- The Volunteer Department will review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities available.
- All volunteers must attend Baylor Scott & White orientation.