As a partner with the citizens of our community, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney is committed to contributing to the health and wellness of residents in McKinney and the surrounding communities.
Throughout the year Baylor Scott & White – McKinney offers free preventive health services to the community through activities such as health screenings, health fairs, support groups and community education. A few notable activities include:
- For Women For Life – Annual women’s health day held in January focusing on women’s health including free preventative health screenings, physician presentations, and hospital information.
- It’s a Guy Thing – Annual men’s event held in June, provides free preventative health screenings, physician presentations, and hospital information.
- Educational classes and support groups – Many groups are available for cancer support including breast cancer, prostate cancer, general cancer, and caregiver support). Baylor Scott & White – McKinney offers comprehensive classes for Parent Education including breastfeeding, childbirth, newborn care, infant and child CPR, and maternity tours. The hospital also offers a variety of seminars on various health topics including joint pain, back pain, digestive disorders, colon cancer, and more.
- Participation in area chambers of commerce promoting the community’s economy and growth of small and large businesses in the region.
- Health Professions Education presentations engaging students of all ages to learn more about careers in health care.
Every year, Baylor Scott & White – McKinney makes significant financial donations to McKinney area non-profit organizations that support health care services, educational advancement, and outreach to residents.
The hospital also supports fellow Collin County non-profit organizations by sponsoring annual fundraisers such as the United Way, American Heart Association Heart Walk, American Cancer Society Relay for Life, and March of Dimes March for Babies.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney is dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve.
Community Benefit Report
Each fiscal year, Baylor Scott & White – McKinney completes a report of community benefit efforts, according to community needs identified by the FY 2013-16 Community Benefit Implementation Plan, Collin County, as well as specific focus areas identified by Baylor Scott & White Health. We invite you to read our medical center’s report on community benefit to find out more about our financial stewardship and how we fulfill community needs:
View Our Community Benefit Report