Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Baylor Scott & White – Plano. To enhance the quality of care and the security of our patients and employees, Baylor Scott & White – Plano has established an after-hours visitation policy. After-hours visitation for Baylor Scott & White – Plano is effective 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. each day.
To obtain visitor passes for after-hour periods, please contact your nurse. Those requiring entry after 9 p.m. can enter through the Emergency Department and must have nursing approval. You will need to sign-in at the security office in the Emergency Department waiting area. Security escorts are available 24 hours a day. To request a security escort to a parking area, or to request other police or security assistance call 469.814.4444 (4.4444 from in-house phones.)
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke on the Baylor Scott & White – Plano campus.
- Visitors should dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- For the comfort of all our patients, visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise. Please limit cell phone usage to family lounge areas only.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
- Children under the age of 12 should be supervised by an adult when visiting.
For more information on services provided and visitor lounges, please visit our
Hospital Amenities section.
Where will I sleep?
- Patient rooms on our medical/surgical, progressive care and oncology units are equipped with chairs or couches that fold into beds for guests to sleep on.
- For guests staying overnight with a patient in the ICU, guests may utilize the ICU family lounge, which is equipped with chairs that fold into beds.
What gifts am I allowed to bring my patient?
- Visitors should check with the patient's nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients to ensure it is appropriate.
- Fresh flowers and plants are not allowed in the ICU or the oncology unit.
- Balloons are not allowed in the ICU unit.
Is there a refrigerator I can use?
- A Visitors' Lounge, equipped with a refrigerator and microwave, is available on each patient floor, allowing family members to accept visitors and stay close without compromising the patient during their recovery.
Where should I park?
- Upon arrival at Baylor Scott & White – Plano, please use the free parking garage located west of the main entrance or free valet service and enter the facility through the front door.
Where can I pray or visit with a chaplain?
- The chapel is located on the first floor across from the Gift Shop and is open 24 hours a day to patients and guests, seven days a week for prayer and reflection.
- Members of the Pastoral Care team are available to assist you, whatever your religious persuasion. To request a visit by a member of the Pastoral Care team, please contact your nurse or call 469.814.2700.
- Your priest, minister or rabbi is always welcome to visit you while you are a patient at Baylor Scott & White – Plano.