The Medical Psychology Center at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Plano provides services that address the complex biopsychosocial issues associated with diseases. Our team is composed of medical psychologists, neuropsychologists, and various other disciplines that work together to serve patients and their healthcare teams.
Medical psychology is a specialized field that treats physical problems by treating the whole person. At the center, we address biological, psychological, behavioral and social problems known to cause or worsen illness and impact quality of life. Neuropsychology specifically identifies brain-related strengths and weaknesses following neurological injury or disease, as a means of improving cognitive, behavioral, and/or emotional adaptation in day-to-day life.
The Medical Psychology Center provides science-based diagnostic and therapeutic services aimed at helping patients develop strategies for coping with illness and functional disability, improving health, enhancing quality of life, and overcoming emotional problems. We take an integrated approach, working with your healthcare team to guide treatment planning. This leads to better health outcomes.
The Medical Psychology Clinic offers a full range of psychological services with a focus on adults. These include:
Pre-Surgical Evaluations for:
(Fulfills insurance requirements)
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Pain Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
Neuropsychological Evaluation and Treatment:
- Differential diagnosis of neurologic injury/impairment
- Document residual neurocognitive and neurobehavioral deficits
- Training in research-supported cognitive-behavioral strategies to compensate for areas of difficulty (e.g. memory, attention/concentration, communication, etc.)
- Adjustment to illness/disability
- Diagnoses include: concussion/traumatic brain injury, stroke, brain tumor and/or post chemotherapy cognitive impairment, multiple sclerosis, neurodegenerative diseases, chronic migraine, pre-/post-neurostimulation, and congenital disorders.
- Ages 16+
- Binge or compulsive overeating
- Coping with chronic illness/disease
- Sleep Disturbance
- Chronic pain
- Anxiety (panic, phobias, OCD)
- Compliance/Adherence to Medical treatment
- Motivation enhancement
- Health Promotion/Disease Prevention
- Brain trauma
- Work accommodations
- Learning Disability
- Other varied educational workshops throughout the year
The Medical Psychology Center is located on the campus of Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Plano in Pavilion I, 4708 Alliance Blvd., Suite 400.
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Request an Appointment
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Plano insurances are accepted. A physician referral is not required to schedule an appointment. Please call or email us to request an appointment at the center.
Call us at 469.814.4850. Physicians' offices may fax orders to 469.814.5678.
Please include your full name, requested appointment time and phone number in your email.