The experienced sports medicine staff at Baylor Scott & White – Plano can help you get back in the game when an injury forces you to the sidelines.
Every day, we help athletes overcome injuries and reach their goals. Medical Director of Sports Medicine, Robert Berry, D.O., is board-certified and fellowship trained in sports medicine and leads a team of sports medicine clinicians on our medical staff that can help:
- Reduce pain from sports or overuse injuries
- Repair ligament, cartilage or tendon injuries sustained in football, soccer, hockey, baseball, golf, tennis or other sports
- Repair trauma/fractures, such as broken limbs, collarbones or kneecaps
- Teach injury-prevention strategies
Whether you need to be able to throw, jump, lift, run, swing or swim, the orthopedic physicians on the medical staff at Baylor Scott & White – Frisco have experience working with athletes at the high school, college, semi-pro and professional levels and a wide variety of sports and orthopedic injuries.
When you choose the Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Services at Baylor Scott & White – Plano, all of your sports medicine and orthopedic needs are addressed under one roof.
Sports Injuries and Conditions Treated
Our experienced staff with the Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Services at Baylor Scott & White – Plano treats:
- Acromioclavicular (AC) joint/shoulder separation
- Dislocated shoulder
- SLAP tears (injured labrum)
- Rotator cuff tendinitis or tears
- Biceps tendon ruptures
- Ulnar collateral ligament sprains or tears ("Tommy John" surgery)
- Lateral epicondylitis ("tennis elbow")
- Medial epicondylitis ("golfer's elbow")
- Hip arthroscopy to diagnose or treat the source of pain
- Hip dislocations
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) repair
- Meniscus cartilage repair
- Knee arthroscopy to diagnose or "clean up" problems
- Cartilage resurfacing to "fill in" cartilage and prolong the life of the knee
- Knee cartilage transplants
Ankle and Foot Pain
- Ankle instability
- Achilles tendinitis or ruptures
- Stress fractures
In some cases, the expertise of a
total joint replacement team may be required. In other cases,
general orthopedic surgeons, such as hand or
foot and ankle specialists may be consulted.
Life was not meant to be a spectator sport. Call us today at 1.844.BSW.DOCS (1.844.279.3627) or
get a referral to an orthopedic specialist on the medical staff at Baylor Scott & White – Plano.
Sports Injury Prevention
The goal of the Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Services at Baylor Scott & White – Plano is to prevent pain and injury whenever possible. Our injury prevention programs illustrate how medical professionals, athletes and athletic professionals can work together to play it safe.