Your One Place for Cancer Care
Baylor Scott & White Cancer Center – Round Rock provides accredited, technologically advanced, compassionate cancer care and support. Cancer is complex. Our goal in building the region’s newest cancer center is simple: have the quality, comprehensive care needed to fight cancer available in one place close to where patients live and work.
Why Choose Us?
Backed by the resources of Texas’ largest not-for-profit healthcare system and located on the Baylor Scott & White – Round Rock campus, our new 35,000 square-foot Cancer Center features advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies.
Fully accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer, cancer patients and their loved ones can expect:
- Diagnosis, treatment and support connected by a single electronic medical record
- Experienced caregivers and board-certified cancer care specialists on the medical staff across all three branches of cancer medicine: surgery, medical oncology and radiation therapy
- Tumor boards where board-certified specialists gather to focus on your case and develop a customized plan for care
- Innovative tools and therapies to treat cancer while minimizing side effects
- Nurse navigation services to coordinate the delivery of care and support
- A warm, comfortable environment to promote healing
- Access to a supportive and palliative care multidisciplinary team for patients with advanced disease
Types of Cancer Treated
Almost anywhere in the body cancer strikes, Baylor Scott & White Cancer Center – Round Rock is ready. We can address the vast majority of tumors and cancers.
- Blood and lymph system
- Brain and spinal cord
- Head and neck
Board-certified surgeons on the medical staff are skilled at removing cancerous tumors from organs and tissue, as well as restoring function and appearance (plastic surgery).
Choose a private space (21 bays available) to reflect or group setting to socialize during infusion treatments.
An advanced radiation delivery system offering enhanced safety features, improved accuracy and reduced treatment times.
One of only five dedicated neuro-oncology programs in Texas and a special program for breast cancer
As part of one of the 10 largest healthcare systems in the nation, we can connect patients in need with some of the world’s most promising clinical trials for different types of cancer.
Nationally Accredited Breast Cancer Center
The Baylor Scott & White Health – Round Rock breast cancer program is recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, a coalition of professional organizations working together to provide advanced breast care in a relaxed environment. The Center offers:
- Breast imaging/testing
- Breast reconstruction
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted therapies
- Physical therapy
- Genetic testing/counseling
Our Patient Navigation Program guides patients and families through the complex treatment and decision-making process, handling logistical and administrative details to allow patients and families to focus on healing. Our patient navigator, who is a nurse, can help:
- provide education and answer questions about the cancer care process and what to expect
- coordinate appointments with various specialists and departments
- obtain/assist with referrals for additional evaluations and appointments
- gather medical records
- assist with access to clinical trials or referrals to other programs/facilities
- provide information on support groups and programs
Support Programs and Services
- Supportive & palliative care: a multidisciplinary team of board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, chaplains, social workers and psychologists work to support patients with advanced cancer and their families, as well as focus on improving quality of life through excellent pain and symptom management
- Pain management: specialized care to alleviate pain using various therapies, patient and caregiver support groups
- Prevention, screening, risk assessment & survivorship programs: helping patients and their families form a plan of action for cancer screening and monitoring
- Financial counseling and guidance
The new Baylor Scott & White Cancer Center – Round Rock was designed and built with ideas and feedback of clinicians, researchers, patients, families, the community and others. While no one likes going to the hospital, the design and layout were created to maximize patient comfort and experience.
And not only is the interior warm and modern, but our Cancer Center also boasts a beautiful healing garden. It is a place where patients and families can retreat to for peace and quiet reflection.
Inside and out, Baylor Scott & White Cancer Center – Round Rock is a place where patients want to go to heal.