If you have been unsuccessful in past attempts to lose a significant amount of weight, the Baylor Scott & White Nutrition and Weight Management Center may help you finally shed those hard-to-lose pounds and achieve your weight loss goal. The Center is an exciting new resource for individuals who need to lose weight and want to live a healthy life.
Costs of the Nutrition Weight Management Center:
- Physician and medical follow-up visits will be billed to the participant’s insurance; however, usual deductibles and co-pays will apply, according to the enrollee's plan.
- Behavioral Health Consultation, if needed, will be billed to participant’s insurance.
- 12-week Group Lifestyle Balance class which includes a visit with the Dietitian will cost $240. Payment may be made by check or credit card. Payment plans are available.
Group Lifestyle Balance classes are offered at:
- Baylor Scott & White Clinic – Austin Avery Ranch, 10526 W. Parmer Lane, Suite 409, Austin, TX 78717
Course Topics Include:
- Basic principles of healthy eating
- Tips and tools to identify high-calorie and high-fat foods
- Exercise principles
- Problem-solving techniques for changing behavior
- Taking charge of your environment
- Strategies for dining out
- Making social cues work for you
- Ways to stay motivated
- Strategies for long-term success
To be ELIGIBLE for the 12-week program:
- BMI of 30 or above, or BMI above 27 with significant obesity related co-morbidities
- Age 15+
To ENROLL in the program a physician visit is required, call 512.310.4726 or email us at