If you have been unsuccessful in past attempts to lose weight, the Baylor Scott & White Nutrition and Weight Management Center is here to help. The Center is an exciting new resource for individuals who need to lose weight and want to live a healthier life.
- You will meet one-on-one with an American Board of Obesity Medicine certified physician to do a comprehensive review of you
- Together you will develop a plan to overcome the challenges you face with your weight
- Plans may include labs, sleep testing, medication changes and referral to Nutrition or Psychology as needed
- Group class referral (see below) may also be placed as needed
Group Lifestyle Balance Course
- 1 hour per week for 12 weeks
- Basic principles of healthy eating
- Tips and tools to identify high-calorie and high-fat foods
- Exercise principles
- Problem-solving techniques for changing behavior
- Taking charge of your environment
- Strategies for dining out
- Making social cues work for you
- Ways to stay motivated
- Strategies for long-term success
Costs of the Nutrition Weight Management Center
- Physician consultation and follow-up visits will be billed to the participant’s insurance; standard deductibles and co-pays will apply, according to the enrollee's plan.
- Behavioral Health Consultation, if needed, will be billed to participant’s insurance.
- 12-week Group Lifestyle Balance class, which includes a visit with a Nutritionist; total cost $240. Payment may be made by check or credit card. Payment plans are also available.
For class ELIGIBILITY requirements or to make an appointment please call 512.310.4726