Colorectal cancer is the No. 2 cancer killer in the U.S.
The good news... It's preventable.
We make screening for colorectal cancer easy. Our Direct Screen Colonoscopy Program© is a no-hassle, lower-cost, low-cost and patient-centered approach to colorectal cancer screening.
- There is no need to visit your physician before your screening colonoscopy.
- Most insurances will cover this preventative service 100%.
A colonoscopy is a simple, diagnostic test which looks for polyps and cancer of the colon. Colonoscopies take about 30 minutes, during which time you will be comfortably sedated. In fact, most patients report a positive experience, and are able to return to normal activities and diet the next day.
Important Guideline Change for Colon Screening
The American Cancer Society recently changed their recommended age for the first colon screening for average risk patients from 50 to 45 years. This change was made, in large part, because of the rise in colorectal incidence rates in a younger population over the last few years. Some segments of the population, including African Americans and those with a family history of colon cancer, history of polyps, or inflammatory bowel syndrome, to name a few, are encouraged to start the screening process before age 45, get screened more often, and/or get additional testing.
The importance of getting screened:
- Colorectal cancer is a leading cause of cancer death for both men and women in the US
- Only about 4 out of 10 colorectal cancers are found at an early stage
- About 1 and 3 people in the US who should get tested have never been screened
- Incidence rates of colorectal cancer are on the rise - as underscored with the ACS change in screening guidelines.
The facts clearly show we have an opportunity to close the gap and meet the screening needs in our community.
Our Direct Screen Colonoscopy Program® Can Make a Difference
The Direct Screen Colonoscopy® Program offers a time-saving, hassle free approach to colon screening which allows select patients to skip the traditional office visit with the specialist and come directly to our facility for their procedure.
Are you ready?
Three easy steps:
- Schedule - Ask your primary care physician to schedule your colonoscopy through the Direct Screen Colonoscopy program at our location or call our facility at 469.374.6400 to schedule today.
- Prep - Before your scheduled screening colonoscopy, a nurse from Park Cities Surgery Center will call you to ask about your prior medical history, to discuss pre-op instructions – this is when you learn how to clean your colon, and find out what you can and cannot drink until after your procedure.
- Screen - On the day of your procedure, you show up and we do the rest! It’s the easiest thing you can do for yourself to prevent colorectal cancer, because when caught early, colorectal cancer is HIGHLY curable! There is no reason to wait, no reason to hesitate – it’s your life, be around to live it.