Senior staff and resident physicians provide on-site care for sports injuries for area sports teams.
Many of our board-certified, fellowship-trained sports medicine orthopedists served as team physicians for the NFL, Major League Baseball and college teams. Now they’re serving area youth.
Working on the field and in the locker rooms, our team physicians have as their goal the health, safety and well-being of each athlete.
- Assess game-day injuries on-site
- Provide on-site medical care for injured athlete
- Make decision whether athlete may return to play
- Coordinate any further necessary care for injured athlete
- Coordinate rehabilitation and return to play
- Work with athletic trainers to provide additional training and medical expertise
- Educate athletes on:
- Proper nutrition
- Substance abuse
- Potential medical problems that could affect performance
- Provide proper documentation and medical record keeping
Coordinated by Scott & White athletic trainer Billy Ray Laxton, our physicians provide sports medicine coverage for athletic events throughout Central Texas:
- High school football games
- 5K and 10K races
- UMHB basketball
- TC basketball, baseball, softball
- Area high school baseball playoffs
- Area high school softball playoffs
- Temple Panthers – minor football league
- Bell County PRC Rodeo
If you would like a Sports Medicine specialist at your athletic event, please contact
Bre Hodges at least six weeks prior to your event.