Visiting hours in the hospital are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and one family member may stay with the patient at all times. Visitors are allowed in the ICU 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visiting hours may vary in certain medical areas. Please check with the nurse to confirm the visiting hours.
General Guidelines for Visiting
Visits from relatives and friends can play an important part in your recovery; however, they can also be tiring. It is in your best interest that you get all of the rest that you can while in the hospital. If you feel uncomfortable asking people to limit their visits, you might ask a family member or friend to coordinate your visits for you. We do have some requests of our visitors:
- Try to keep visits brief and to only two people at any given time.
- Please have an adult accompany any children under 12 and do not leave them unattended.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit so you don't spread germs to the patient.
- If you have a cold, flu, or other contagious disease please wait until you are well for your visit.
- Please be respectful of other patients and keep noise to a minimum.
- If you want to bring food to a patient, please check with the nursing staff. Some diets are restricted.
- Visitors may not smoke on the Scott & White Medical Center – Temple campus.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.