Leap for Life is a secondary prevention program that teaches behavior change techniques to achieve better health.
The two-part workshop features education on the following topics:
- Education on anatomy of the heart, how the cardiovascular system works and the disease process
- Review of cardiac medications: indications and side effects
- Review of cardiovascular risk factors
- Overview of heart-healthy guidelines, reviewing foods found in the grocery store and reading labels to achieve a healthy eating plan
- Guidelines for developing a regular exercise program
- Education about stress and stress management techniques