Free to people with a history of heart disease, Leap for Life is a secondary prevention program that teaches behavior change techniques to achieve better health.
The one-day workshop features:
- - Education on anatomy of the heart, how the cardiovascular system works and the disease process
- - Review of cardiac medications: indications and side effects
- - Overview of heart-healthy eating guidelines, label reading and reviewing foods found in the grocery store that fit into a healthy eating plan
- - Guidelines for developing a regular exercise program
- - Review of cardiovascular risk factors
- - Education about stress and stress management techniques