The Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Breast Center features advanced digital imaging technology, including 3-D imaging, and diagnostic testing to verify healthy breasts and to identify and confirm any abnormalities including cysts or tumors. New 3-D mammography is a screening and diagnostic tool designed for early breast cancer detection that is done in conjunction with traditional 2-D mammography. During the 3-D part of the exam, an x-ray arm sweeps in a slight arc taking multiple breast images which can be viewed in one-millimeter slices, allowing greater visibility for the interpreting radiologist to see breast tissue detail. Clearer views are especially beneficial through dense breast tissue and when determining the size, shape and location of abnormalities in the breast.
The highly experienced breast imaging physicians on our medical staff, along with specially trained breast imaging technologists are focused on providing you with personalized care and support in a beautiful, comforting environment.
The Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Breast Center provides screening and diagnostic mammography.
- A screening mammogram is used to detect breast changes in women who have no signs or symptoms of breast cancer. The screening mammogram also provides a baseline against which future mammograms are evaluated to detect any significant changes in breast tissue.
- A diagnostic mammogram will be ordered if symptoms such as identified nodules, pain, thickening, nipple discharge or change in breast size or shape are present. Frequently, if a problem is identified on a screening mammogram, your physician will order a diagnostic mammogram.
We employ computer-aided detection (CAD) technology as a second set of eyes reviewing the mammogram to aid the radiologist in identifying micro-calcifications and masses.
The best offense for beating breast cancer is early detection through screening mammography. Scheduling your mammography appointment is simple. Call
254.202.4220 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Beyond the Breast Center’s mammography services, we at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Hillcrest have continued expanding our Breast Care services to assure we can provide a lifetime of care for your individual needs in the Waco region. If facing a lumpectomy or mastectomy surgery, we want you to know your surgery options and the advantage we offer by being your exclusive Hidden Scar Center in central Texas. Our comprehensive team of breast specialists includes:
- Diagnostic radiologist
- Mammography technologists
- Breast health nurses
- Medical oncologist
- Radiation oncologist
- Breast surgeon
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeon
- Patient nurse navigator
- Genetic screening expert
- High-risk assessment specialist
- Patient educators and breast cancer survivorship programs
This team of specialized breast experts, plus our warm and caring support staff, welcomes the opportunity to care for you and to become your destination of choice for your breast health.