Quality Care, Close to Home
Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie brings quality care to Ellis County and surrounding communities. As a not-for-profit hospital, we are dedicated to serving everyone through exemplary health care, education, research and community service.
For Your Health, Where You Live
The year 1914 brought the opening of a hospital in Waxahachie, and we've been a valuable strand in the fabric of your community for more than 100 years.
Since that time, we’ve cared for the community through:
- a commitment to advanced technology
- expert, experienced and caring staff
- high standards of quality medical care
Over the course of more than a century, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Waxahachie has come to be the trusted health care provider for all of Ellis County, including Midlothian, Red Oak and surrounding communities.
Facts and Stats
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Waxahachie is a 300,000 square-foot facility located at the intersection of I-35 and Highway 287 on 52 acres of land. It has been designed to accommodate 129 beds with room for future growth capabilities.
Many windows fill the facility with natural light to complement a healing environment. The hospital offers advanced technology for physicians and numerous amenities for patients and their families, including all private rooms, free Wi-Fi and no visiting-hour restrictions.
- 12 ICU beds
- Emergency department with 37 treatment spaces
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Five operating rooms
- Wound care program with hyperbaric chamber
- Expanded cardiovascular services
- Childbirth services that includes a nursery and six delivery rooms and 11 post-partum rooms
- 24 hour neonatal nurse practitioner coverage
- Interventional radiology
- Baylor Scott & White Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center – Waxahachie featuring a linear accelerator and infusion bays
- Weight management program, diabetes management center and sleep center
- Outdoor walking trail encircling a two-acre pond