Volunteers are crucial to the success of Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Waxahachie. These caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable individuals support our mission, vision and values.
Types of Volunteer Work
Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie volunteers provide important services, so we make every attempt to match interests, skills, and availability with hospital needs.
- Hospital Support
- Family Support
- Staff Support
- Community Support
- Specialty Programs
What Our Volunteers Do
Our volunteers serve the hospital and patients in many ways:
- Provide comfort, and encouragement to patients
- Pet Therapy support
- Assist staff on nursing units
- Manage Gift Shop
- Manage Thrift Store
- Escort patients and visitors
- Provide general office duties
- Serve patients, visitors and employees in the volunteer supported Information Centers
- Sponsor fundraisers
Rewards and Benefits
Volunteering is rewarding. Our volunteers reap such benefits as:
- Helping others
- Developing new interests
- Serving neighbors and community
- Making new friends and having fun
- Sharing skills and learning new ones
Volunteers are also eligible for the following benefits:
- Discounts in our cafeterias
- Free parking
- Free annual flu shot
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to submit information and meet certain other volunteer qualifications.
Requirements may include a general health screening, background check (in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act), submission of personal references, and patient care training (if the nature of the volunteer service requires patient contact).
Ready to get started? Download the application.
Be a part of a rewarding and fulfilling volunteer experience at Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie. Please contact us at 469.843.5283.