Important Tips for Staying Overnight
- Leave your valuables, including jewelry and watches, at home.
- Do not wear contact lenses or make-up.
- If you are taking prescription and/or over-the-counter medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements, please bring a complete list containing the dosage(s) or the actual medicine bottles.
- If you are being admitted to the hospital after surgery, bring prescription medications in original pharmacy containers.
Your room assignment at White Rock is based on your admitting diagnosis and the bed availability on the day of your admission. You may be moved during your stay as your health changes. Our rooms are designed with your comfort in mind, and we hope you’ll find it a comfortable stay with us.
Baylor Scott & White – White Rock uses hospital beds designed to both aid in your treatment and provide you with options for comfort. Your nurse will show you how to properly use the controls that will enable you to adjust your bed. Additionally, your hospital bed is probably higher and narrower than your bed at home. Bedside rails are for your protection. They may be raised at night or during the day if you’re resting, recovering from surgery or taking certain medications.
Our dining program for patients is called At Your Request – Room Service Dining® that is designed to enhance your health care experience. You can select meals from a variety of delicious foods and order what you want, when you want it.
- Simply review the menu in your room, call us at extension 6224 and make your order. If a menu is not available, please ask your nurse for one.
- The meal will arrive about 45 minutes after your order.
- When you are finished eating, just let your nurse know and the room service tray will be removed from your room.
For more information, visit our
hospital amenities section.