The Bloodless Medicine and Surgical program at Baylor Scott & White – White Rock is for patients who desire medical care without the use of donor blood during medical and surgical procedures. There are many reasons you may prefer a transfusion-free treatment method whether religious convictions or personal preference against receiving donor blood.
You can attend a free seminar or learn about the program. As you participate and prepare for surgery, you’ll learn more about "bloodless," treatment options, which simply means medical or surgical treatment without the use of banked (stored) allogenic blood or primary blood components.
We know blood loss often occurs during surgery, however, a bloodless program endeavors to minimize blood loss by utilizing special blood conservation methods. We’d love to answer your questions and talk about the facts you need to know about bloodless medicine and surgery.
Attend a free seminar
Join us a free seminar that will cover:
- Education on available blood alternatives
- Blood management procedures
- Risks and benefits of bloodless medicine
- The terminology associated with blood management
- Issues you should understand to make an informed decision about your health care
- Assistance on how to complete an Advance Medical Directive
- Interaction with the program coordinator that will help care for your personal and family needs
Call 866.825.0701 to reserve your seat at our next free seminar to learn more about our bloodless medicine and surgical program.