Multi-Specialty Transplant Centers
Baylor Scott & White hospitals in North Texas and Central Texas are home to a highly experienced team of physicians on the medical staff, transplant surgeons and other clinicians who provide comprehensive advanced heart, liver, lung and kidney disease care and organ transplant services. We combine advanced clinical research and innovative approaches to provide quality results and outstanding service to patients and their family.
Baylor Scott & White Health – the Right Choice for an Organ Transplant
there is strength in numbers, our commitment to compassionate care and support means
be a number. Our transplant programs have been in existence for over 30 years and the transplant surgeons on the medical staff at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center and Scott & White Medical Center – Temple have performed some of the largest volume of organ transplants in the nation.
Why should you consider Baylor Scott & White Health for your transplant needs?
Proven success. Our transplant patient survival rates consistently exceed the national average.
Experience. Baylor Scott & White Health is home to one of the largest volume liver, heart and islet cell transplant programs in Texas and in the nation. Based on volume, Baylor Scott & White Health is one of the top 10 liver transplant centers in the United States and has the third largest pancreas transplant program in Texas. Studies show the more times a hospital performs a procedure, the better its success rate.
Expertise. Transplant surgeons on our medical staff have trained more than 35 transplant surgeons, who now lead major transplant centers globally.
Support. From fostering emotional health and good nutrition to managing financial or family needs, we’re here for our patients and their families.
Innovation. We’ve performed many human organ transplant firsts in the state, nation and the world. We are globally recognized for our contributions to transplantation research and our effectiveness at translating complex studies to patients in need.
Baylor Scott & White North Texas Organ Transplant Center
Several Baylor Scott & White hospitals are an internationally renowned destination for transplant surgery and care. Many of our transplant programs feature shorter than average wait times, as well as above average outcomes, especially for complex cases.
Through the dedication of the transplant surgeons and medical staff, Baylor Scott & White has been first in a number of areas and is credited with:
- North Texas' first islet cell transplant
- The nation’s first certified VAD program
- Texas' first matched unrelated donor bone marrow transplant
- The Southwest's first adult liver transplant
- The world's first extra-corporeal perfusion (bridge to transplant) using a genetically engineered pig liver, allowing the patient to survive and successfully undergo a liver transplant
- North Texas' first split-liver procedure, in which the surgeon divides a donor liver into two lobes for a pediatric and adult recipient
- North Texas' first adult-to-adult living donor liver transplant procedure
- North Texas' first heart/lung/heart "domino" procedure, in which a patient with terminal emphysema received a single heart and two lungs, while another patient with cardiomyopathy received the good heart from the patient with emphysema
- North Texas' first paired kidney donor transplant
- North Texas' only living donor liver transplant program
Baylor Scott & White Central Texas Organ Transplant Center
Baylor Scott & White Central Texas offers cohesive transplant services through teams of highly-qualified physicians, surgeons and medical staff that offer the expertise and compassion to serve the unique needs of transplant surgery patients. Based at Scott & White Medical Center – Temple, our transplant program is the only one between Austin and Dallas, performing numerous transplants with quality outcomes. Many of our transplant programs feature shorter than average wait times and better results for complex cases.
Through a team approaching with collaboration between physicians, surgeons, rehabilitation specialists and additional medical staff, Baylor Scott & White Health Central Texas offers leading-edge transplant services for patients
- Heart Transplantation
- Kidney Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Corneal Transplantation
- Third largest pancreas transplant program in Texas
- Only center in Texas that performs simultaneous deceased donor pancreas with living donor kidney transplant.
- Living Donor Kidney Transplant Program
- Advanced Heart Failure Program
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) bridge to transplant program
Transplant Services Available at Baylor Scott & White
Baylor Scott & White has programs for: