Our health coverage runs from Jan. 1 - Dec. 31 of each year. Employees, spouses and children who meet our requirements are eligible for coverage by our benefits program.
You may waive coverage offered through Baylor Scott & White. However, once you waive coverage, you will not be able to enroll until the next scheduled annual enrollment period or within 30 days of a qualifying life event.
For new hires or newly benefits-eligible employees, coverage begins right away.
Who's eligible to enroll
- Full-time employee working 30+ hours per week
- Part-time employee working 20-29 hours per week
- Spouse or common-law spouse
- Your children or spouse’s children up to the age of 26*, including:
- Natural children
- Step children
- Legally adopted children
- Children in the process of legal adoption
- Foster children
- Children covered by a Qualified Medical Child Support Order
- Children of whom you have legal guardianship
We require eligibility verification of new dependents added to coverage; requested documentation may include marriage certificate, birth certificates and/or tax form. It is important to submit everything in a timely manner to ensure dependents remain covered.
If you and a dependent both work for Baylor Scott & White, only one can be covered as a dependent.
*Subject to approval, the age limit is waived if the child is unmarried, physically and mentally incapacitated and unable to earn an independent living; dependent on you for at least 50% of financial support; claimed by you as a dependent for federal taxes; and disabled and covered under the plan before age 26 (unless you are a new hire or newly benefit-eligible).