Many of our cancer care locations in North Texas and Central Texas provide patient navigation services. The Patient Navigator is in contact with the patient from learning of a cancer diagnosis, throughout treatment and into survivorship. From an initial discovery and into the future, your patient navigator will be there to offer guidance every step of the way.
The benefits of partnering with a nurse navigator include:
- Early intervention and prevention
- Patient advocacy and support
- Coordination of appointments and care
- Removing barriers to care
- Education and empowerment to make informed medical decisions
- Assistance with finding resources that are helpful in your care journey
- Increased adherence to appointments and treatments
- Better management of cancer-related side effects
- Increased satisfaction with overall care and experience
- Improved communication with the care team
The Patient Navigation team serves as an advocate, educator and guide to patients and families at no cost.
In addition to cancer navigators, facilities in Central Texas offer patients oncology social work services – one of the only cancer programs in Texas that provides these services regardless of your ability to pay. Our oncology social workers are here to help with the psychological, social, physical and emotional issues that result from a diagnosis of cancer. They're also your voice, helping keep the care focus on you.
Share your experience and learn from others. Support groups are one of the best resources for persons who have experienced cancer.
Find a Support Group