Price estimation tool
Our price estimation tool helps patients to self-generate accurate out-of-pocket expense estimates.
We are committed to helping you make informed choices about your care
To that end, we offer price estimates in advance of your care to help you understand your out-of-pocket costs.
Your hospital status (inpatient or outpatient) may affect how you are you billed and what you will have to pay for out-of-pocket.
Please note, observation services are considered hospital outpatient services.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar, so if possible, please provide the CPT code. You can find this on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your physician's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.
The amount covered varies depending on your insurance company and your specific policy. Please have the following information available:
- Member ID number
- Group number
- Policyholder's name
- Policyholder's name
- Insurance company phone number
- Type of plan (HMO, POS, PPO, Indemnity)
If you are uninsured, we offer a discount on medically necessary services. Please speak to a financial counselor and review our financial assistance policy.
During the price estimating process, we will attempt to verify your specific insurance benefits to provide the most accurate representation of your estimated financial obligation based on your specific coverage.
Understanding your estimate
Please keep in mind any information received is only an estimate that may be more or less than your final bill. The estimate takes into consideration the information you and your provider share with us regarding your service, including anticipated services, insurance coverage, copayments, deductibles and coinsurance. However, many factors may influence the actual amount you will be billed, including changes to the services actually performed and updates in your coverage not reflected at the time estimates were provided.
In the North Texas (Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex) region, your estimate with us reflects only hospital charges, such as charges for room, equipment use, supplies, and services provided by the hospital's staff. Our account does not include charges for your physician or any other physician fees, such as emergency room physician, radiologist, anesthesiologist, pathologist or other consulting physicians. These physician charges are billed separately and are your separate responsibility.
Cost of services
Baylor Scott & White Health is an advocate for greater healthcare pricing transparency. Therefore, we’ve provided a list of prices associated with each hospital service across our system in the machine readable files below.
It is important to note that the out-of-pocket costs to a patient will likely differ significantly from the prices in these lists because:
You may receive a bundle of services during your visit (e.g., procedures, lab tests, drugs or supplies). Without knowing what your physician has ordered for your visit, it may be difficult to combine the services in the following tabs to reflect what is actually performed during your visit with us. Your insurance negotiates rates with our health system, and your particular plan design and where you are at during the year with regards to your benefits can largely affect what you will be expected to pay out-of-pocket for your visit. If you do not have insurance, you will likely be eligible for our Uninsured Discount Policy or other Financial Assistance, which will greatly reduce the out-of-pocket costs for your visit. Because there are so many different variables that can affect your out-of-pocket expenses, we encourage you to contact us to get an estimate for your out-of-pocket costs.
Cost of services in Central Texas
- Baylor Scott & White Continuing Care Hospital
- Baylor Scott & White Emergency Medical Center - Cedar Park
- Baylor Scott & White McLane Children's Medical Center – Temple
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Austin
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Buda
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Brenham
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – College Station
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Hillcrest
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lakeway
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Marble Falls
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Pflugerville
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Round Rock
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Taylor
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple
- Baylor Scott & White Pavilion - Temple
Cost of services in North Texas
- Baylor Scott & White Heart and Vascular Hospital
- Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center – Fort Worth
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Centennial
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Grapevine
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Irving
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Plano
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Waxahachie
- Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Denton
- Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – McKinney
- Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano
- Baylor University Medical Center, part of Baylor Scott & White Health
Our price estimate line is available six days a week and is closed daily for lunch from 12:00 - 12:45 PM.
- Monday through Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday through Saturday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Toll-free: 1.833.693.7157
- Toll-free: 1.844.825.0002
Cosmetic services (Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex)
- Toll-free: 214.820.3568
Submit your price estimate request using our online form, and a representative will respond within two business days with your estimate.
Some facilities offer a real-time online price estimation tool.
For services scheduled in advance of the date of service, we will provide an estimate during the pre-registration process over the phone.
If you are a walk-in patient or come in to one of our facilities for other same-day services, you will be provided an estimate at the time of registration.