Items to have on hand to complete pre-registration
- Insurance card and driver’s license
- The name of the doctor who ordered your procedure
- The date of your appointment
- Emergency contact information – name, address and phone number of someone who can be contacted in the event of an emergency.
Benefits of pre-registration
As a service to you, during the pre-registration call, we will attempt to verify your insurance benefits and eligibility and resolve any insurance concerns prior to your scheduled appointment. We will also provide you with an estimate of your out-of-pocket costs and information about your financial assistance and payment options.
What to expect on the day of your service
Once you are pre-registered, on the day of your service, please check in at registration. A Baylor Scott & White Access Services representative will help you complete the final step in your registration, which includes:
- Scanning your driver’s license and insurance card(s) in our system. Remember to bring your insurance card(s) with you each time you come for services at Baylor Scott & White;
- Signing consent forms; and
- Finalizing financial arrangements before proceeding to the department.
Please note if your physician requires pre-admission testing (PAT) or pre-operative testing or if you are not sure, you should speak with a pre-admission/pre-operative testing nurse at the facility where your procedure is scheduled to determine if an assessment is necessary and for further information.