Uninsured patient discount
Baylor Scott & White Health provides discounts to patients who 1) are uninsured1 or are insured but have non-covered services2 and 2) do not qualify for Baylor Scott & White's Financial Assistance Program.
- The Uninsured Patient Discount is a 40% discount on charges for procedures or services except those specifically excluded: transplant services and package-priced services. It does not apply to standard patient liabilities such as co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance.
- The Uninsured Patient Discount is applied to the final billed charges.
- This discount may not be combined with any other discount including, but not limited to, Baylor Scott & White's hospital financial assistance discount.
- Baylor Scott & White applies the Uninsured Patient Discount on a consistent and non-discriminatory basis.
- If you think you may need additional financial assistance, please contact a Baylor Scott & White financial counselor or customer service representative.
1Patient has no third party insurance coverage for certain healthcare items or services received.
2Health care items and services excluded from payment by a third party payer, because it is not a covered benefit.