The Center for IBD Research performs cutting-edge, impactful translational and basic research on IBD to improve our understanding of the disease and develop better treatments.
Focus areas of translational research:
- - Inflammatory bowel diseases and autophagy
- - Crohn’s disease of the ileum
- - Barrier function of the intestinal epithelium
- - Colitis-associated colorectal cancer
- - Intestinal stem cell responses to inflammation and diet
Dr. Theiss published an article on factors driving inflammation progression to cancer. Read article