Baylor University Medical Center is a nationally recognized, faith-based, not-for-profit Level 1 trauma hospital where more than 300,000 people are cared for each year.
Founded in 1903, the hospital opened with 14 beds. Today, it is a quaternary care, teaching and research center for the southwest. Baylor University Medical Center has more than 900 licensed beds and supports 35+ specialty centers from our Advanced Heart and Lung Disease Center to organ transplantation.
- Nursing leadership puts the patient first in care and emphasizes safety and best outcomes.
- The Nursing Strategic Plan is developed with the input and collaboration of all levels of nursing.
- Nursing leaders attend Nurse Leader Bootcamp.
- Nurse leaders may participate with the Baylor Scott & White Health/Southern Methodist University (SMU) Executive Leader Fellowship Program.
Nurse leaders participating in the Baylor Scott & White Health/SMU Executive Leader Fellowship Program
- Cynthia Cassity, MSN, RN, CPPS
- Kristine DeButy, MSN, RN, NE-BC, RNC-OB
- Brittany Frantzen, MSN, RN, CCTN, NE-BC
- Wade Magouyrk, MSN, RN, CEN
- Jonathan Morgan, MSN, RN, CCRN
- Teri Ellis, MSN, RN, NE-BC
- Lisa Florida, MSN, RN, NE-BC, CTTN
- Alissa Schick, MSN, RN, NE-BC
Baylor University Medical Center nurses demonstrating leadership in professional organizations
- Max Holder, MSN, RN, NE-BC, CRNI, VA-BC, Infusion Nurses Society, President, 2022
- Hannah Cooley, BSN, RN, C-EFM, Baylor University Women’s Council, Chair, 2022
- Max Holder, MSN, RN, NE-BC, CRNI, VA-BC, TONL Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee Chair, 2021
- Alexis Jennings, BSN, RN, DFW Great 100 Board of Directors, 2021
- Jim Sullivan, MSN, RN, CEN, Emergency Nurses Association, Dallas Chapter President, 2021
- Ruth Parcero, RN, MAN, OCN, DFW Apheresis Networking Group, Vice-President, 2019
- Tamanitha Shaw, MSN, RN, CMSRN, PCCN, Association of Medical/Surgical Nursing, Chair of Scholarship Awards Committee, 2019