Do You Suffer From Persistent Pain?
Does pain prevent you from fulfilling your responsibilities at work or home and keep you from doing the things you enjoy? The Baylor Center for Pain Management at Highland Village specializes in the evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic back, neck, shoulder and arm pain, as well as other painful conditions.
Our highly experienced clinical team will develop an individualized treatment plan designed to:
- Identify and eliminate the source of pain when possible
- Improve mood and emotional well-being
- Minimize physical and emotional suffering, including depression, anxiety or anger
- Decrease the disability caused by pain
- Decrease emergency room visits
- Help you resume a more productive role at home and work
You will meet with a pain management physician who will perform a complete history and physical examination. He will be responsible for the focus and direction of your treatment and care. Your physician will also review treatment options with you. This may include other members of our health care team with the goal of designing an individualized treatment plan.
Our professional health care team includes:
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians
- Biofeedback therapists
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Registered nurses
- Case managers
- Licensed professional counselors
Consulting staff includes recreational therapists, representatives of Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services and Nutritional services.
Baylor Centers for Pain Management combine medical education and scientific research to promote successful outcomes for patients. A review of more than 600 patients who completed our programs shows significant improvement on a variety of standard measures, including activity levels, ability to do important life activities, coping, physical strength and endurance, and decreased use of medication.