Specialized gynecologic care for women in Garland and Plano
At Baylor Scott & White Gynecology Specialists, we are proud to offer specialized gynecologic care for women. When a patient has a complicated issue, we are here to discuss it thoroughly, and investigate treatment options. We will work closely with you to come up with a treatment plan you find comfortable. It is our goal to have a strong relationship with you, our important partner.
Baylor Scott & White has established agreements with several types of insurances in an effort to make sure your health needs are covered.
Aetna - (1)Aetna Signature Administrators
Blue Cross Blue Shield - (3)Blue EssentialsBlue PremierParPlan
Cigna - (2)LocalPlusOpen Access Plus
DFW ConnectedCare - (1)American Airlines Employee Benefit Plan
HealthSmart - (2)ACCEL NetworkPreferred Network
Humana - (3)ChoiceCareNational POSHumana Preferred
Superior - (1)STAR+PLUS
Superior HealthPlan - (1)STAR+PLUS
We couldn’t find any results for ""
Gynecological services include general gynecology and surgical solutions to gynecological problems.
- Annual well-woman exams
- Teen and adolescent care
- Mammogram referrals
- Bone density test referrals
- Pap tests
- Colposcopy for abnormal pap tests
- HPV (human papilloma virus) vaccination
- Birth control
- Sexually transmitted infection screening
Procedures and surgeries
- LEEP/Cone biopsy for abnormal pap tests
- Endometrial biopsy
- IUD (intrauterine device) insertion/Mirena®, Skyla™ and Paragard®
- NEXPLANON insertion
- Tubal sterilization
- Endometrial ablation (including the NovaSure® procedure)
- Robot-assisted laparoscopy
- Minimally invasive laparoscopy
- Pelvic organ prolapse repair
- Treatment of some forms of urinary incontinence
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian cysts
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary tract infections
- Sexual dysfunction
Uterine fibroid solutions
As many as 70% of women will have uterine fibroids by the age of 70. This common condition causes a range of symptoms, such as heavy bleeding, pelvic pain, painful sex or periods, urinary frequency, constipation and infertility.
Factors like being African American, high blood pressure, not having children and age can put you at risk for fibroids. But every woman with fibroids is different. We offer customized treatment options to care for you, including alternatives to hysterectomy.
Fibroid treatments include:
- Radiofrequency energy treatment, which treats fibroids with an incisionless, same-day procedure, allowing you to return to activities in 24 hours
- Myomectomy, a minimally invasive surgical procedure that removes fibroids and is an option for women who still want to have children
- Hysterectomy, including minimally invasive options that reduce pain and offer a quicker recovery
Other payment options:
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we want to be a resource for you and your family. Our team of customer service representatives and financial counselors are here to help you find financial solutions that can help cover your cost of care. We encourage you to speak to a member of our team at any time before, during or after care is received.
To ensure that your visit to our office is as convenient and efficient as possible, we are pleased to offer our registration forms online. The patient registration form may be completed electronically and printed for better legibility or completed manually.
- New patient packet
- New patient packet (español)
- Release of information (to HTPN)
- Release of information (from HTPN)
- Pre-admit testing information
- One medical passport guide
- Directions to BSW Medical Center - Plano
- Gynecology surgery guide
- General surgery instructions
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy instructions