Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Round Rock Emergency Department
The 19-bed Emergency Department of Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Round Rock is equipped to treat critical and life-threatening conditions in patients of all ages. The department has the additional support of Baylor Scott & White's multidisciplinary team, providing access to specialists in a full range of care, ensuring you receive quality medical care during the times you need it most.
With an average wait time to see a provider in less than 15 minutes, you'll receive fast, courteous attention to help you return to good health as soon as possible.
Awards and Recognition
The Emergency Department at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center
– Round Rock has received numerous awards and recognitions for its care, including designation as the first hospital in the United States to receive accreditation by the American Heart Association: Mission Lifeline as a STEMI Receiving Facility.
Other accolades include:
- Mission: Lifeline Gold Plus Receiving Quality Achievement Award
- Accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers as a PCI-Cycle III Chest Pain Center
- Primary Stroke Certification by The Joint Commission
- Recipient of the American Heart Association Get With the Guidelines Stoke - Gold Plus (fewer than 100 hospitals nationwide)
- Recipient of the Target Stroke Award by the American Stroke Association
- Consistent 90th+ percentile ranking in patient satisfaction by Press Ganey for the last three years
"I have been to this ER three times, and I have never had to wait more than five minutes in the lobby to be seen."
"The ER was quick to assess my father's condition and needs - with his dementia, the nurses and doctor were kind and respectful to him and took extra time to explain procedures to him before doing them. Kept family informed ... at all times."
"I appreciated staff's attention to my need for reducing exposure to illness. I'm on chemo therapy and had low blood counts that day. I observed extra effort on part of the staff."
"Come to Florida! Scott & White can teach FL a thing or two about treatment in the ER."