Baylor Scott & White T. Boone Pickens Cancer Hospital in Dallas is North Texas' first dedicated cancer hospital, designed to provide a place of healing, calming and spirituality for everyone involved in the cancer journey. The surroundings are attractive, and well-designed rooms are larger to accommodate family members. Additional amenities have been introduced to ensure the environment is attractive and convenient.
Cancer hospital features
- Patient support and registration services
- Blood and marrow transplant unit
- Hematologic oncology unit
- Two general oncology nursing units
- Infusion center
- Imaging center
- Satellite oncology pharmacy
- Blood and marrow transplant processing lab, handling stem cells and bone marrow products
- Apheresis center
- Washer/dryer and shower facilities for families and caregivers
- Supportive palliative care services
- Concierge-style dining for patients
Oncology evaluation and treatment center
Baylor University Medical Center, part of Baylor Scott & White Health offers the only specialized urgent care/emergency after-hours facility specifically for cancer patients in Dallas-Fort Worth. It was developed to keep immunosuppressed patients who have after-hours medical emergencies separate from a typical hospital emergency department or urgent care facility. Staff are trained and knowledgeable about the specific issues, symptoms and side effects related to cancer and its treatments.